In your neighborhood
You will oftentimes see our linemen or contractors working in your neighborhood. Our mission is to provide safe, reliable, efficient energy solutions with exceptional service to our members. One of the ways we provide reliable and affordable power is by maintaining our power lines. In fact, PVREA has over 4,000 miles of power lines. Tree trimming, drone use and construction projects are a part of our maintenance plans to ensure reliable power service to our members. Here is where we're working in your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact us at 1-800-432-1012.
PVREA and our contractor Foothills Energy are working on the following projects:
- Multiple crews continue to work on new subdivisions in Windsor, Berthoud, Severance, Johnstown and Timnath.
- A crew working on pole change outs in the Longmont and Lyons area is nearly completed.
- A crew is working in the Kersey and Galeton area replacing old porcelain insulators.
- A crew will soon begin upgrading the overhead line through Sedona Hills going south to the Carter Lake Filtration Plant.
- A crew has begun construction on a new underground tie line from the Kodak substation to help support grown the the Severance area.
- A major system improvement project has started on our 69KV transmission line to upgrade old switches to automated switches and install remote control capabilities. This project will require a 4-6 hour outage to make the conversion. All members will be notified of the day and time.
Foothills Tree Experts is trimming in the South Longmont, Gunbarrel areas. This should be complete by mid-September then they will start work in the north Fort Collins area.
We have begun our scheduled tree trimming for 2021 throughout our service territory. We will be sending postcards to members in anticipation of work in your areas. To view a full map of 2021 tree trimming, please click here.
To learn more about tree trimming or to request a tree trimming, click here.
If you would like to tell us how we did on recent tree trimming on your property, please fill out the survey found here.
Power Pole Inspections
PVREA Contractor Alamon has begun power pole inspections for 2021.
Periodically, PVREA utilizes drones to conduct equipment inspections. They use a drone to look for trees that need trimmed an inspect equipment to look for maintenance problems. PVREA contractor Monroe Infared have begun drone inspections. Learn more about how your co-op uses drones.
Fiber Installation - Grid Improvement Project
PVREA’s contractor, MasTec, is installing fiber optic cable on our existing overhead power lines and through our existing underground electric corridors. The crews are currently working in the Windsor, Fort Collins, Timnath, Greeley and Severance, Masonville, Stove Prairie/Rist Canyon, Berthoud and Loveland areas. You may see bucket trucks and crews with boring equipment in your area as we work on this project throughout our entire service territory. We will only operate in our right-of-way; if we do not have proper access, we will work with members to gain access. Learn more about this project.
Streetlight Field Audit
PVREA will begin a system-wide streetlight and yard light field audit this week. Our contractor Alamon will be performing the inspection. They will be inspecting, taking pictures and creating a GPS point for each pole. This project should be complete within two months.